Dave Ward – CEO
We would like to invite you to get to know us better. This short “mini bio” provides a brief snapshot of some of the highlights of Dave Ward’s professional career, and the experience he brings to the table.
Dave spent 15 years designing and implementing corporate applications systems and is a trained Project Manager and Systems Analyst. Some joke that this makes him a little “anal”, BUT, he is thorough and he does have a creative side.
Dave also enjoys music of all types and plays traditional Scottish and Irish music with a mix of contemporary at different fundraisers.
Together with our team, Dave works to continually re-invent Highland Marketing and its mix of services, based on evolving customer needs in an ever-changing direct marketing landscape.
Additional Duties/Accomplishments at Highland Marketing
- Development of Canada Post-certified LCP sort software
- Launch of:
- ClearValue Program
- Send Me a Sample Program
- Remote LCP Sort Services
- Development of DM Toolkit
- Project Management/ General Consulting
- Guest Author for Direct Marketing News
- Author, published articles, Gotcha Gang
SALESkey Sales & Marketing Software
- Development of relational database contact management/sales/marketing software
- Standalone as well as networked platforms
- Sales and installation of software
- Development of custom versions of sales and marketing software
Sales Manager, PCanada Systems/Independent Programmer
- Recommending and selling sophisticated networking solutions. Primary client base consisted of government departments and professional organizations.
- Programming of networked sales and marketing software.
Computer Consultant and Team Leader
- Detailed requirement analyses of specific needs by application area
- Recommendations based on requirements
- Implementation of custom and/or package solutions
- Sub-contracted to work on larger corporate systems
Dominion Life Assurance Company
- Held a variety of positions during this time including: Systems Analyst, Senior Business Analyst, Senior Project Manager and Head of EDP Audit function.
Crown Life Insurance Company
- As a Production Coordinator primary responsibilities were to ensure that all corporate systems ran effectively and delivered correct outputs. As Group Life & Health Programmer primary responsibilities were to design & program system updates and to troubleshoot production problems on a 24-hour basis.
Attained FLMI (Fellow Life Management Institute) in Data Processing
If you are a Highland Marketing customer, we appreciate your business and the confidence that you place in us.
If you are not a Highland Marketing customer, we would welcome the opportunity to get to know you better and discuss our direct mail, direct communication and integrated website development services. Simply give us a call at 1-800-422-1309.